2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 5.7L V8
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Toyota
Born in San Antonio, Texas, the 2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 5.7L V8, is a great product of the state of Texas. It is strong, solid, spacious, safe and powerful. The Tundra has many available configurations, options and features, including a powerful towing capacity up to 10,200 pounds.
It is difficult for Toyota’s competitors to beat the Tundra, a powerful 4×4 pickup truck for 5 passengers.
The Toyota Tundra is a pickup truck manufactured in the United States by the Japanese manufacturer since May 1999. The Tundra was the first full-size truck for North America to be built by a Japanese manufacturer. It is currently assembled in San Antonio, Texas, where production was consolidated in 2008, and is the only full-size pickup manufactured in Texas.
The interior of the Tundra is made with a beautiful matte-finish with wooden elements, which adds style to this country boy.
And important addition for the 2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 5.7L V8 is the updated Standard Toyota Safety Sense-P (TSS-P) system which includes a number of safety features, including: dynamic cruise control on the radar, lane departure warning, A system to detect pedestrians and other cars. The 2018 Tundra Limited CrewMax has been updated with a beautiful chrome grille, and with several LED lights.
The Tundra has an advanced towing system. When using the Tundra on TOW HAUL mode, the shift control facilitates and keeps lower gears during acceleration or deceleration, for better control and safety. The Vehicle Stability Control function, Trailer Sway Control facilitates safe towing, counteracting handling efforts that can cause the trailer to swing around. This pickup truck is also equipped with an integrated trailer braking controller, and the driver can view its status on the multi-information display.
For additional safety and easy backup maneuver, all Tundra models are standardly equipped with a backup camera (Entune Audio display screen). The 5.7-liter models are available with heated and power exterior mirrors with indicators and manual extension.
Toyota is one of the largest car manufacturers in the world. It is also the largest Japanese automaker, producing more than 5.5 million cars per year, on average one Toyota car is produced every six seconds.
Prices & Versions
The 2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 is one of the most beautiful and powerful pickup trucks available on the segment. Priced around 45K it is not the cheaper pickup truck, but the price comes with a lot of value and it is very reasonable for all what Toyota is providing to buyers on this automobile.
A Limited package adds leather seats with different color options, with ideal soft-touch doors and cantilevered surfaces with interior trim in the wood. Amenities include dual-zone climate control, a power driver’s 10-position driver seat and a 4-seater seat with a passenger seat, as well as an accessible sunroof slope.
|2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 5.7L V8||Starting at $45,300|
The Aggressive exterior look of the 2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax can impress anybody. The exterior is enhanced by the large 20-inch alloy wheels. The Tundra comes with standard protection against windscreen icing, front and rear mud flaps, power windows and door locks, as well as heated and power exterior mirrors.
Some of the Exterior Features
- LED headlights with LED accent lights, with manual level control and auto on/off feature
- LED fog lights
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Silver billet-style grille with chrome grille surround and matte-black lower front bumper with chrome endcaps
- Deck rail system with four adjustable tie-down cleats
- Deck rail and tailgate caps
- Taillights and stop lights with dual vortex generators
- Chrome heated power outside mirrors
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass
- Easy lower and lift tailgate
- Front and rear mudguards
- Front tow hooks
- Chrome «5.7L i-FORCE V8» engine badge (driver and front passenger door)
- Chrome 4×4 badge (lower-left portion of tailgate)
- Chrome «TUNDRA» badge (driver and front passenger door)
- 5.5-ft. Short Bed
2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 5.7L V8
6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i), sequential shift mode and uphill/downhill shift logic
5.7-Liter Aluminum i-FORCE V8 with DOHC 32-Valve cylinder
381 hp @ 5600 rpm
401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm
Fuel Economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
13 city / 17 Hwy
Fully equipped, the Limited CrewMax is the intermediate representative of the lineup of the 2018 Toyota Tundra. Several details and features like improved bucket seats, the rear seats can be folded for additional cargo transportation. Soft surfaces, high-granular paint on the central cluster and other small details that makes the interior very cozy and warm.
Standard glass with high solar energy (HSEA) protects against ultraviolet radiation, which can damage the interior finish.
The dashboard includes a multi-information display installed in the center. A practical console that offers several storage areas for personal belongings and electronics. All models are equipped with a standard Bluetooth-phone system and audio stream.
- Automatic dual zone climate control with dust and pollen filter and individual temperature settings for driver and front passenger
- Integrated backup camera
- Entune Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite — includes Entune Multimedia Bundle (7-in. high-resolution touch-screen with split-screen display, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, nine speakers (seven speakers on Double Cab), auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology), Siri Eyes Free, Entune App Suite, HD Radio Technology, HD Radio Predictive Traffic and Doppler Weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 3-month complimentary SiriusXM All Access trial, Gracenote album cover art, and integrated backup camera display. Access to Entune App Suite is subscription-free. See toyota.com/entune for details.
- Leather-trimmed and heated front bucket seats; 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat; 6-way power adjustable front passenger seat
- 60/40 split fold-up rear seats
- Carpet flooring (not available with Work Truck Package)
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic 4-spoke steering wheel with audio, Bluetooth hands-free phone, voice command, Dynamic Radar
- Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert (LDA) controls, and center console gated shift lever (front bucket seat only)
- Analog instrumentation with illuminated speedometer, tachometer, voltmeter, coolant temperature, fuel and engine oil pressure gauges; 4.2-in. color Multi-Information Display with odometer, tripmeters, fuel economy, cruising range, running time and average speed after starting, and Integrated Trailer Brake Controller monitor (5.7L V8 only); shift-position indicator
- Power windows with driver-side one-touch auto down, power door locks with shift-linked automatic lock/unlock feature and programmable auto door lock logic, remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock and panic functions, cab and driver footwell illuminated entry system and one-touch auto start
- Power vertical sliding rear window with defogger and privacy glass
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink universal transceiver
- Overhead console with sunglasses storage
- Fixed center console with covered storage compartment and second-row vents (front bucket seats only)
- Two front 12V auxiliary power outlets; one rear 12V auxiliary power outlet
- Front and rear maplights
- Front and rear cup and bottle holders (quantity varies by model, package and grade)
Safety & Convenience
The standard Toyota Star safety system includes a vehicle stability control system (VSC), traction control (TRAC), anti-lock braking system (ABS), braking assistance (BA), electronic brake force distribution (EBD) and intelligent brake stop (SST) . 8 standard airbags include side airbags for the driver and front passenger, front and rear airbags for the side airbags, driver and front passenger airbags with the аdvanced airbag system, as well as airbags for the driver and front passenger.
- Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) — Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Sway Warning System (SWS), Automatic High Beams (AHB) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Star Safety System — includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- Eight airbags
- Driver and front outboard passenger Advanced Airbag System
- Driver and front outboard passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking
- Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger seatbelts
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors on outboard rear seats and tether anchor on rear center seat
- Child-protector rear door locks
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Trailer-Sway Control
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller with Multi-Information Display monitoring screen and trailer brake type, gain and manual trailer brake output controls (5.7L V8 only)
- Anti-theft system with alarm and engine immobilizer
- ToyotaCare15 featuring a no cost maintenance plan with roadside assistance
The tundra is not just a pickup truck, it is a magnificent powerful machine made for all roads and for all adventures. From extreme roads to difficult towing, the Tundra may be your guardian angel.
The Tundra is Assembled in America. It has not seen a completely new revision since 2007, so there should be a completely new version soon, but not yet.
There are several competitors for the Tundra, such as the Ford F150, the Ram 1500, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, the GMC Sierra 1500 and the Nissan Titan. All are great cars with a strong towing capacity and good fuel economy. But the Tundra can fight against any of these competitors with the reliability and excellent resale value of Toyota.
The starting price of the 2018 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax 4×4 5.7L V8 is $45,300. But you are not paying just for the car, this price includes several features and technology that will enhance your driving experience, like luxury seats. leather interior trim, electrically adjustable multi-steering wheels, separate climate, optronic panel. The key can turn on the towing mode when towing over a heavy trailer. Is 10,200 pounds towing capacity enough?. Traffic stability system, traction control and spacious interior for 5 passengers.